What Can a Girl Do? A World of Good!
Girls sell Girl Scout Cookies once a year, and soon they'll be taking orders Jan. 1-25, 2015! With the guidance of troop leaders, parents and the power of the Girl Scout Cookies, girls can make positive changes in the world around them. A girl can speak for those less fortunate, foster changes where they’re needed and have a true impact close to home, and even on the other side of the world. The Girl Scout Cookie program is lots of fun and it’s also the largest girl-led business in the country while helping girls develop five key business and leadership skills that last a lifetime:
- GOAL SETTING - setting cookie sales goals and making a plan to achieve them
- DECISION MAKING – deciding how the troop will spend their troop proceeds
- MONEY MANAGEMENT - taking orders and handling customers’ money
- PEOPLE SKILLS - learning to talk and listen to all kinds of people while offering the opportunity to purchase cookies (order taking, booth sales, Cookie Club™ an on-line form for cookie “promises”, make a donation to the council wide program Gift of Caring)
- BUSINESS ETHICS - being honest and responsible every step of the way
All registered Girl Scouts beginning at the Daisy level, whose parents or guardians have turned in a permission and responsibility form are eligible to participate in the Girl Scout Cookie program.
Cookie site sales at locations in our 245 communities will be available in February and March.